Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Invitation letter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invitation letter
    Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 2:41pm
Hi there,
My fiancée is planning to visit me sometime this May for max 20 days. He has all the documents ready on his part (Income Tax return for 2 years, bank statement, proof of employment, sanction of leave, return air ticket)  and just needs the letter of invitation and other documents from me.

My question is: Am I eligible to send him a letter of invitation? I'm Canadian citizen. I am not working as I am a student full time. Also, I don't have to support him financially when he is here in Canada.
So in that case, do I still need to submit my Income Tax Returns and/or Bank statements?

Thanks.

<3
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by amita24 amita24 wrote:

Hi there,My fiancée is planning to visit me sometime this May for max 20 days. He has all the documents ready on his part (Income Tax return for 2 years, bank statement, proof of employment, sanction of leave, return air ticket)  and just needs the letter of invitation and other documents from me.My question is: Am I eligible to send him a letter of invitation? I'm Canadian citizen. I am not working as I am a student full time. Also, I don't have to support him financially when he is here in Canada. So in that case, do I still need to submit my Income Tax Returns and/or Bank statements?Thanks.

From what country is he coming from? Provide an invitation and attach proof of your status (copy of passport or citizenship ID).
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
amita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 3:30pm
He is coming from India.
Also, the CIC website has something about satutory declaration (affidavit). What exactly is that? Do I have to submit that as well?
Also, he will be staying with me in a room I rent for the school year since he is here only for 20 days. In this case, does he still need to submit the hotel booking or my lease agreement/residential proof?
Also, do you have an idea of approx how much money he might have to show in order cover the daily expenses here in Canada?

Thanks for your help, job_seeker!
<3
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by amita24 amita24 wrote:

He is coming from India.Also, the CIC website has something about satutory declaration (affidavit). What exactly is that? Do I have to submit that as well?Also, he will be staying with me in a room I rent for the school year since he is here only for 20 days. In this case, does he still need to submit the hotel booking or my lease agreement/residential proof? Also, do you have an idea of approx how much money he might have to show in order cover the daily expenses here in Canada?Thanks for your help, job_seeker!

Is it the statutory declaration of common law union? Not applicable if you're not living together as husband and wife without the benefit of marriage. If you are going to provide room for him, put that in your invitation, so no need for a hotel booking. Make sure he has a certificate of employment and approved leave of absence.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic