Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What should I do Now?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote try_this Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should I do Now?
    Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:01pm
Hi Senior Members,

Now as i discussed my case earlier here>

Today I got Further update from my MP, Response from ABu Dhabi says

" Unfortunately this case is nowhere near Completion, This case has been sent for review to CIC Etobicoke on Sponsor's Eligibility,....... Case is Active and we will contact Applicant ASAP"

Now i am kind of lost here, I am staying In canada from almost 2 years now, Working Full Time, Filing Tax, Sent them all the documents (ORIGINALS) in July 09, till date they are not able to finalize on my Eligibility, My only mistake was that i left Canada for 5 Months Immideately after my Landing. But Since and before i filed my hubby's application, I am here and they have all the proofs.

Should I withdraw my Application from Abu Dhabi now as they have taken No Decision on any phase of the Process and Re-Apply at New Delhi ( as they have max 8 months timeline)

Please I need your valuable advice.....Cry

Edited by try_this - 03 Dec 2009 at 6:02pm
RMJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 8:49pm
For one, there is NO maximum processing time.  There are only averages.  They take as long as they take.  If you withdraw, whatever issues they have are going to be looked at again if you choose New Dehli as your visa post.  The issues are with your eligibility to sponsor and has nothing to do with what's happening at the visa post.  And you will have to pay the application fee again.  So my vote would be NO, it won't help you to withdraw.
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:04am
I vote No, don't withdraw. Be patient, all things will come in time. Don't give up!!!! How do they know exactly where "nowhere" is? look on the bright side....as least they didn't lose it! Big smile
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
SCsquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:49am
try_this: Our sponsorship approval came after 3 months of filing the application.. My husband had left Canada for more than a year after his landing.. and we didn't even submit the Option C printout since when we filed the application he had been in Canada for less than 6 months
the process took more time compared to the avg timeline.. but we Got our MP involved and were able to expediate the process

I agree with the rest of the folks that do not withdraw ur application.. its still in process.. if u feel something is wrong or a-miss call them n ask or contact your MP... your MP might be able to help u out 
launched View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote launched Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 3:31pm
I agree, just wait there are no time limits for application processing times.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic