Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - INTERVIEW: Test-Event - ID/Documents Verification
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INTERVIEW: Test-Event - ID/Documents Verification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RQed123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 7:04pm
Hello!

I applied for citizenship in Oct 2012 and got an RQ Oct 2013 which I replied to.

Now I'm scheduled for a test/interview on Dec 2014. When i replied to the RQ I submitted translations of the stamps in my passport in foreign languages. Should I take translations of all foreign stamps with me again? or would they have it on hand, since they were part of my RQ reply? Should I add translations of any stamps of travel for periods after the RQ? (I applied for a PR card renewal earlier this year and again submitted translations of stamps but forgot to take copies of new ones)

Thanks,

meeru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meeru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:42am
Originally posted by RQed123 RQed123 wrote:

Hello!

I applied for citizenship in Oct 2012 and got an RQ Oct 2013 which I replied to.

Now I'm scheduled for a test/interview on Dec 2014. When i replied to the RQ I submitted translations of the stamps in my passport in foreign languages. Should I take translations of all foreign stamps with me again? or would they have it on hand, since they were part of my RQ reply? Should I add translations of any stamps of travel for periods after the RQ? (I applied for a PR card renewal earlier this year and again submitted translations of stamps but forgot to take copies of new ones)

Thanks,

It's okay. Just go back to your translator and request another copy which they will have on file. It is recommended to take them, most likely it may not be looked at. Good to have nonetheless!
APP RECD NOV.2009
PROCD SEPT.2010
FILE TRANSFRD ST.CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2ND RQ REQUEST JULY 2014
2ND RQ RECVD SEPT 2014
Here4Good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Here4Good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 11:49am
All

I have been a silent viewer of the forum.

Just wanted to update everyone of my timeline.

Application Submitted-----Jan 2012

Local Office----------Mississauga

Start of processing--------Sept 2012

Pre-Test RQ----------------Sept 2012

RQ submitted--------------Oct 2012

File transferred to St Clair-----April 2013

Citizenship Test---------- 24th Sept 2014 St Clair

Oath Date------------Dec 4th 2014 at Mississauga.

Thank you everybody for your insights and opinions and Good Luck to you all.
Application Sent:Jan 2012--Started Processing:Sept 2012--Pre-Test RQ: Sept 2012---Finger Print:Sept 2012---Finger Print Sent:Sept 2012---Waiting for Test Date----Local Office--Mississauga
RQed123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RQed123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 2:24pm
Hello, when you went for the test/interview did you take all the docs you submitted with the RQ? (mine is quite a box full) or just the ID stuff? Thanks!
Here4Good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Here4Good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 5:51pm
Replied to your private message.

Went for interview on Sept 24,2014 and took some basic documents like CBSA records , application copy, IDs and T4s.

Agent in the interview was nice and only checked my IDs and CBSa records.
Application Sent:Jan 2012--Started Processing:Sept 2012--Pre-Test RQ: Sept 2012---Finger Print:Sept 2012---Finger Print Sent:Sept 2012---Waiting for Test Date----Local Office--Mississauga
ejamal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:55am
Hello everyone, 

My test/interview is in a week. I wanted to ask whether any of you laminated their CoPR? If so, did you have any trouble during the interview because of the lamination?  When I got my CoPR I thought that it would be a good idea to laminate it, and there were no warning instructions against lamination, e.g. void if laminated, written anywhere on the CoPR paper. 
Could this be a problem during the document verification phase of my interview? I am asking because a friend of mine recently told me that laminating a legal document in Canada voids it, and I am not sure to what extent he is correct.

Thanks, 
Ejamal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic