Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visiting India on Spouse VISA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yashpal123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visiting India on Spouse VISA
    Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 10:11pm
Hi 
I came to Canada from India 1 year ago on spouse visa with my husband who is Canadian PR .Now due to some circumstances i want to go back to india for some time .My queries are
1. Can i go back to India now, means after spending 1 year in Canada
2. Is it necessary to stay continuous for 2 years(in 5 years) in Canada to maintain PR??

regards
meena
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 11:49pm
Hi

Originally posted by yashpal123 yashpal123 wrote:

<font size="3" style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">HiĀ <div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I came to Canada from India 1 year ago on spouse visa with my husband who is Canadian PR .Now due to some circumstances i want to go back to india for some time .My queries are<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">1. Can i go back to India now, means after spending 1 year in Canada<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">2. Is it necessary to stay continuous for 2 years(in 5 years) in Canada to maintain PR??<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style="line-height: 1.4;">regards</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style="line-height: 1.4;">meena</span>

1. No, you have to spend 2 years in Canada in every 5 year period, it doesn't have to be consecutive.
2. Although you should note your COPR does it have condition 51 marked on it? If you were admitted as a spouse with condition 51

"The new regulations apply to spouses or partners in a relationship of two years or less and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application. The spouse or partner must live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. The status of the sponsored spouse or partner may be revoked if they do not remain in the relationship."
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic