Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there anyone working in Manila office?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raycrawford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there anyone working in Manila office?
    Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 6:40pm
Hi, to all those who have applied through the Manila office, is anyone getting any results??

Can any experienced members tell me what we might expect next?

September 21 Application sent to Mississauga
October 13 Approved as sponsor
November 4 Manila started to process application
November 28 Letter by snail mail requesting passport and
CENOMAR

December 11 Passport/CENOMAR dropped off at CIC embassy Manila

February 15 Letter received by snail mail again!! Dated January 20, 2010 requesting signed history of her previous relationship.

February 18 Letter delivered to CIC embassy Manila

Its been over 4 months in Manila, no phone calls, no e mails. Two letters sent that took approximately 3 weeks to arrive. They were LUCKY to arrive considering the mail service in the Philippines.

Why is there no attempt whatsoever to expedite the process or communicate with people? It is unbelievable the way they do business.

Regards,

raymond
mrsJDL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsJDL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 9:45pm

Hi there,

I think your case is still within the normal processing time for Manila Embassy. You are still lucky, if you compare it to my case, i think mine is the worst of all the cases here.

My husband is in another country and we requested the visa office responsible for that country since he was lawfully admitted there for more than one year already. But still CIC sent it to Manila. Imagine all the correspondence was sent to my husband thru snail mail, so we always lose 3 wks and always in a rush to respond to them since they only give 45 days to reply.

They asked for my husband's passport since August 2009, he sent it and it has been in their possession for 7months now. My husband is working in another country without passport..And here is the worst part... they asked for an interview!!!

So relax... if you feel anxious or worried, read my case again and again then it will make you feel better...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic