Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a job in Canada from US

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a job in Canada from US
    Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 7:23pm
Guys, what's the best way to look for canadian jobs while from US?

On my CV should I just put my friend's address in Canada? Ofcourse I can always travel from US to Canada for any interviews. Hoping you guys can share some tips.
paddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 7:29pm
Note that I am a Canadian PR.
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 1:28am
Originally posted by paddle paddle wrote:

Guys, what's the best way to look for canadian jobs while from US?

On my CV should I just put my friend's address in Canada? Ofcourse I can always travel from US to Canada for any interviews. Hoping you guys can share some tips.
Your resume should contain your current US address, but you can mention an alternative address here in canada (your firend's), but i can't see any issue keeping your US address on your resume if you want to work in Canada knowing that you are a Canadian PR. The fact is when you are shortlisted for an interview, your current job is in USA and the employer will anyways find out that you are working there and reside there, so they will contact you in USA if they are interested.
The only concern that the employers might have is the relocation issue, which you clearly have to mention that on your cover letter to clear this issue.
"Canada, where good people live"
paddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 12:13am
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic