Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leave Canada on expired PR card and return?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leave Canada on expired PR card and return?
    Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 4:58am
Hi All
I am in procession of a PR card that expired in September 2012 and I plan to renew in Sept 2013 when I have fulfilled the 730 days obligation. However my mother is now seriously ill and is not expected to live. My family is urging me to see her one last time.

My friends suggested that I can get permission to leave and return from the CIC authorities by showing them letters from the hospital/doctors that my mother is in serious condition but I do not know what department to approach and what I should do. I appreciate if someone can advise?

Thank you very much

Seeta
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 1:46pm
Hi

Originally posted by sammie sammie wrote:

Hi All
I am in procession of a PR card that expired in September 2012 and I plan to renew in Sept 2013 when I have fulfilled the 730 days obligation. However my mother is now seriously ill and is not expected to live. My family is urging me to see her one last time.

My friends suggested that I can get permission to leave and return from the CIC authorities by showing them letters from the hospital/doctors that my mother is in serious condition but I do not know what department to approach and what I should do. I appreciate if someone can advise?

Thank you very much

Seeta

1. Sorry about your mother.
2. There is no such option as your friends suggest. I assume you mean 09/2014. If you are from a non visa exempt country, you will have difficulty returning to Canada with an expired PR card.
3. If you are from a visa exempt country, there is a chance that you won't be reported on re-entry to Canada.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic