Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does that mean background check?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 5:21pm

Originally posted by rainvouver rainvouver wrote:

I just called CIC today and asked if the background check is the security background check done by CSIS. The agent confirmed that CIC has received the verification report from RCMP after I done the electronic fingerprint. She said that my security background check has already been done before and CIC now sent my fingerprint to the agency who will do the background check for other things. When CIC receives the report from the agency, they will schedule the test for me. so it is the last step before the test.

Does anyone know what the other things mean? and how long it will take?

How long it takes for even routine cases on the most routine course to proceed through the process is still no better than a wild guess, ranging from slightly less than a year to more than two years; any wrinkle in the process and in particular anything that takes it out of the "routine" case parameters (including fingerprint requests) extends the potential range to possibly several years, albeit you could be scheduled for the test in the coming month.

That is we know, in only the most vague sort of way, that it is likely you will be scheduled for the test sometime between soon and years from now. That's the best we know.

As for the background check for other things . . . :

As I said, CIC is most secretive about the security clearance aspect of background checks, and CSIS is even more secretive.

So, it is nearly impossible to figure out what is going on behind the curtains in regards to the security background check.

If, acknowledging though this is a big if, the call centre representative accurately reported to you that there already was a completed CSIS clearance and thus all you need is an update, unless you have been associating with persons connected to organized crime, terrorist activities or organizations, or traveling to suspect parts of the world, there is probably no reason to be anxious about what is involved in doing the update or how long it will take. Sure, there are some exceptions; if, for example, you have had problems or delays obtaining immigration related clearances in the past, something like that could trigger a more thorough check in effect revisiting the earlier clearances to verify things. But, as I said in my previous post, most applicants have no cause to worry about the update process . . . and those who do should have a good idea why and thus be aware that they are potentially among the exceptions.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
sedben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by raincouver raincouver wrote:

I just called CIC today and asked if the background check is the security background check done by CSIS. The agent confirmed that CIC has received the verification report from RCMP after I done the electronic fingerprint. She said that my security background check has already been done before and CIC now sent my fingerprint to the agency who will do the background check for other things. When CIC receives the report from the agency, they will schedule the test for me. so it is the last step before the test.

Hi, I am exactly in the same case as you. I received a request for finger prints late september and did it on the beginning of oct.
When I called CIC they told me they received my fingerprints and they are doing some other checks and it might take up to 1 year !
Clap
Chatham2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chatham2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 9:23am
Hi Sedben,

I am in the same boat, but received the fingerprints on December 11th and send it electronically next day. 

After how long did you check if CIC has it? 

Do you mind sharing your local office? Mine is St.Clair
raincouver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raincouver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by sedben sedben wrote:

Originally posted by raincouver raincouver wrote:

Hi, I am exactly in the same case as you. I received a request for finger prints late september and did it on the beginning of oct.
When I called CIC they told me they received my fingerprints and they are doing some other checks and it might take up to 1 year !
Clap

Hi, what is your local office? 
citizenship application received (December 2012); In Process (March 2013);
dalida View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 12:56pm
Why my ATIP  is different from another ?  It's photocopy of CITIZENSHIP  APPLICATION REVIEW and it shows the result of my test, 20.  On the top right side there is column with my file no., Case ID and Client ID. 

Seemen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seemen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 3:47pm
Hello 
My name is Semeen. We sponsored my family through group five , and they did their medical examination and background check. However it seems there is a problem with my father background check. he is 56 yrs old and he was never involved in politics or anything else. I have no idea what is going on. Does anyone know how long this will take in maximum??? Is there anywhere i can contact and find out about it???

Thanks
proutray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proutray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 11:25am
Hi ,
I have my own  canada corporation company and my company has contract with other companies for whom i worked.
All my T4's are generated from my own company and i am the director and the employee of my own company.

My questions are.

1. should i put my company name as the employer or the company where i works as a contractor.
2. whose name,phone number and email id should i put under the contact details on point number 11? 

Thanks,
proutray
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic