Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions in application of study permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeti2130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions in application of study permit
    Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 9:00am
Hi everyone,

I have a problem in my application of my study permit.

I was able to study in Canada for my father was working here for a long period of time

(in total, approximately 3 years) for diplomatic reasons.

(I did not have a study permit while my father was here.)

Last year, in short notice, my father was transferred back to where we came from permanently,

so I had to apply for my study permit in order to study legally after my father leaves.

I was told that I did not have to leave Canada for to wait for my study permit because of my father's work,

and that if I send my application before my father leaves, I would be able to stay here and studying while waiting for my study permit.

I sent my application in the end of last September, before my father left, and I recieved a letter at mid-November from CIC,

saying that my application has been transferred to CIC-Vancouver, and haven't heard from them since then.

I did go on www.cic.gc.ca and typed in my client number to check my status.

However, there was no results.

Could somebody tell me what are the possible scenarios for this kind of situation?

Thank you very much

Edited by yeti2130 - 05 Mar 2010 at 9:02am
Artic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 4:21pm
call toll free CIC number. They might able to help you out. At this moment your on Implied Status until your study permit is granted. Keep in mind, you have to pay International Student Tution fee
Student Permit - Work Permit - PG work permit - PNP Route - PR Granted.
yeti2130 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeti2130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 6:46pm
Hi Artic,

What does it mean by implied status?

Thank you for helping out.
Artic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 11:15am
implied status means you application is been processed and your legal to stay in Canada until your application result, however you must apply for your permit atleeast 30 or more in advance.

Call CIC for better and accurate answer. Since your case is unique.
Student Permit - Work Permit - PG work permit - PNP Route - PR Granted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic