Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About Visitor Visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavsarchandrakant@g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About Visitor Visa
    Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 10:58am
Hi,
I am a PR resident and I am outside Canada.My new PR card has been arrived at the local office at the area where I was living.I had applied twice for PR Travel Document,but my applications were rejected saying that ''You(means I) have appealed against the decision and your appeal is still under process.''
I had provided all details with documents and in reply of my appeal the new PR Card has been issued,but for collecting my new PR Card,I must have to return to Canada and for that I had applied for ''Travel documents''.But The CIC returned my passport only and no any kind of intimation letter was there.
I had also emailed all details,but the response was as above mentioned.
Now I  am advised to apply for ''Visitor Visa/temporary visa'' and collect new PR Card.
Now my questions are:
(1) First of all will I get Visitor/temporary visa,if I apply?
(2) The most important thing is that that can it effect on my PR Status?
(3) The CIC local office will hand over to me my new PR card,suppose I get visa?
(4) After getting PR Card,Can I stay there for a long time?
you are requested to focus on those all questions and detail,if it's possible
CNBHAVSAR
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 1:17pm
Hi

Originally posted by bhavsarchandrakant@g bhavsarchandrakant@g wrote:

Hi,I am a PR resident and I am outside Canada.My new PR card has been arrived at the local office at the area where I was living.I had applied twice for PR Travel Document,but my applications were rejected saying that ''You(means I) have appealed against the decision and your appeal is still under process.''I had provided all details with documents and in reply of my appeal the new PR Card has been issued,but for collecting my new PR Card,I must have to return to Canada and for that I had applied for ''Travel documents''.But The CIC returned my passport only and no any kind of intimation letter was there.I had also emailed all details,but the response was as above mentioned.Now I  am advised to apply for ''Visitor Visa/temporary visa'' and collect new PR Card.Now my questions are:(1) First of all will I get Visitor/temporary visa,if I apply?(2) The most important thing is that that can it effect on my PR Status?(3) The CIC local office will hand over to me my new PR card,suppose I get visa?(4) After getting PR Card,Can I stay there for a long time?you are requested to focus on those all questions and detail,if it's possible

1. No, as you are a PR who is appealing the refusal of a TD, probably because you didn't meet the residency requirements.
2. It depends, if you lose the appeal, then you will not longer be a PR and the card is void.
3. No.
4. See 1 and 2.
PMM
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by bhavsarchandrakant@g bhavsarchandrakant@g wrote:

Now I am advised to apply for ''Visitor Visa/temporary visa'' and collect new PR Card.

Mostly I concur in the post by PMM

In addition, however, I would caution that this "advice" you have received appears to be from a source suggesting an attempt to commit fraud.

My sense is that was a common approach in previous years. One which may have worked for many, but NOT if they had already applied for a PR TD and been denied that. Once an application for a PR TD has been denied, to avoid losing PR status the PR must appeal that denial and succeed in the appeal. Once the appeal is lost, PR status is lost.

Moreover, it is highly unlikely (unless someone at CIC were to make what seems like a nearly impossible to make error) that even if you somehow were able to come to Canada, that you would be delivered the new PR card. In other words, you are not going to be issued the new card even if you get to Canada.

And, then, even if you were somehow actually able to obtain the new card, it would be worthless unless your appeal of the PR TD denial is successful.

All your hopes of retaining PR status depend on a successful appeal of the PR TD denial.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
bachelors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bachelors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 2:41pm
i'm also seeking to apply parents visit visa...having trouble getting the form

can someone PLEASE help me get this pdf. (the online link does not work for me!)

Thanks
Received August 2012, Processing started Feb 2013, Test Dec 2013
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic