Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

type of proof of funds when landing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sachnbapat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: type of proof of funds when landing
    Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:50am
Hi All,

I am landing on the 24rth April 2010 in Calgary. We r a family of 4(2+2) & hence have to carry around CDN 21,000 with me. How do i take thiis much of money? I mean what is the ideal mix n match that one needs to do(like traveller's chq, dds etc)?

Regards,

Sachin Bapat
ali24jan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ali24jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 4:06am
Hi Sachin,

following is the link of HSBC bank, they are offering an account which can be transferred to anywhere in the world.

http://www.hsbc.co.in/1/2/hsbcpremier/worldwide-assistance/leaving-india

Regards,
Ali
pandher_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandher_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 7:27am
good reply
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 4:22pm
carry some in cash and the rest in bank drafts.

the hsbc option is also good, ensure that if u use the hsbc option, u have an updated bank statement showing the current balance.

preferably, arrange to have one done almost immediately prior to yr departure in order to show that the funds are still available and present in the account.

Originally posted by sachnbapat sachnbapat wrote:

Hi All,

I am landing on the 24rth April 2010 in Calgary. We r a family of 4(2+2) & hence have to carry around CDN 21,000 with me. How do i take thiis much of money? I mean what is the ideal mix n match that one needs to do(like traveller's chq, dds etc)?

Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.
imran01 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imran01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:53am
any other suggestion plz
CastAway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CastAway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:36pm

Take about $1500 in cash, the remaining amount in travellers cheques. Good luck with everything dude. BTW, I`m heading to Q-City as new PR myself in early 2010.Cool

Zygurn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zygurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:41am
Cast,

I saw you asking before, you can take whatever amount of $$ once you arrive, it doesn't have to be the amount you declared when you first applied. And you actually just answered me a question about how much cash to take over there, lol.

Imran,
In your case, I'd take a bit more than $1500 since it's 4 people. More like $2500 seem better but it might be overkill. You could also just do the HSBC option as well. I was thinking this myself, but I got myself a banker in RBC so I'll ask him what my options are. Whatever worldwide bank you have in India should work in Canada as well (like HSBC which is everywhere, Santander is well spread in America, don't know if it's in India though).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic