Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CIC Strike Since June 3 2013 in Delhi, China

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zormas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CIC Strike Since June 3 2013 in Delhi, China
    Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 9:05pm
Hi Everyone,

I came to know today that CIC Visa Officers have been on STRIKE since June 3rd 2013!!

No wonder why my wife has not received any reply from CIC New Delhi Office since last 2 months after submitting her passport!! 

This is is really unbelievable....there are 1000s of people waiting to meet their LOVED ones and here we have these guys going on strike..and it has been 30 days with no resolution!!! Really frustrating..

I just wanted to know if there is any update on this issue???  I am in the process of going to my MPs office and writing an email to the immigration minister....although i have no hope from either!!

Please share any update or news ?

Thank You.

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2013 at 12:06pm
Blame the govt for not negotiating a fair agreement with the workers.
Remember to vote for anything other than conservative party next elections
user828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 10:18pm
Welcome to 2 month old news -

Folks are already complaining on their FB page

Latest news is worse, 65% work down in ND, where they need to buy new shelves for files to get more dust

Follow thread here with more experience and ppl

Edited by user828 - 07 Jul 2013 at 10:19pm
Jablanica115 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jablanica115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 2:24pm
TEl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 5:25pm
Foreign service officers will launch walkout Monday at 15 centres as arbitration bid fails
Monday 29
"Effective Monday, in order to persuade the government that binding arbitration remains the responsible way forward to resolve our dispute, PAFSO members will withdraw all services until further notice at Canada's fifteen largest visa processing centres abroad,"
The centres are:
Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, Shanghai.

in his own statement released Friday Clement said the government has put a fair contract offer on the table and it's "disappointed that PAFSO was so quick to reject our willingness to enter into a binding arbitration process that the union itself requested."
Applied - June 9, 2011
CIC received - June 10, 2011
Acknowledgement letter - Jan 17, 2013
Online Status Changed to Received - Jan 20, 2013
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:07am
My understanding from reading news articles is that Treasury was insisting on restricting the potential outcomes of binding arbitration ("pre-conditions") which is why PAFSO refused the Treasury offer.

He said one of the conditions the union rejected was to forfeit negotiations on a the key component of the union’s position since negotiations began.

“We would not have been able to argue that comparator groups were being paid more than us, even though they are performing the exact same work in neighbouring offices within our own departments.”

http://o.canada.com/2013/07/28/foreign-service-workers-to-walk-out-of-15-canadian-embassies-around-the-globe/

I can certainly see why the union might not agree to a pre-condition that would obviate the fundamental reason they gave for the labour action in the first place...

Edited by computergeek - 29 Jul 2013 at 10:08am
FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
xiao xiao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xiao xiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 3:37am
Its a point actually that be it your Runescape Gold little business or a huge business organization, one thing which creates the organization qualified is by its assured workers. Every Cheap WOW Gold organization requires several actions to increase the assurance in their workers and thereby creating platform for effective outcome. Here, I have examined a few fundamentals which determine the significance of assurance at buy diablo 3 Gold place of perform.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic