Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should I file for LMO or not

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADhamelia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I file for LMO or not
    Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 3:17pm
Hi All,
I am currently holding an OpenWorkPermit, spouse of a foreign worker.
My current open work permit expires 31 March 2010.

I was working in a company since Jan 2009, which gave me permanent employment from 13 Oct 2009.
As I have permanent employment I thought of applying for Company specific work permit and I applied in December 2009 for Company specific work permit.
I took this decision because I was not sure that my spouse will continue working after 31 March 2010 or not and so I will get extension to my open Work Permit or not.
I did not apply for LMO because I am working in a position which is Software Developer/Tester category, which is exempted for filling LMO.

My application for Work Permit is opened since January 2010 but I haven't heard back from Immigration anything as of now. I tried calling them up several time but they don't say anything apart from the fact that application is in process.

I am not sure if they require LMO or not. My offer letter says that my occupation is WMS Tester but the actual responsibilities of work, my work experience so far and education is related to Software Developer.

Do you guys think that I still need to apply for LMO for this position ?
Should I contact lawyer or immigration consultant for this situation?
Let me know if you need more information regarding the position offered.

I am more concern now because my spouse has to go back after 31 March 2010 and I have permanent job so I want to stay back and for that I need to have this work permit done.
Thanks,
ADhamelia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic