Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quebec Applicants to Buffalo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montreal129 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quebec Applicants to Buffalo
    Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:22am

Hi this is McGill_Guy (Now have changed my login ) from the old website. I am creating this thread for Quebec Applicants to Buffalo. Following is my timeline:

Federal Application: July 2009
AOR: July 2009
Medicals: Aug 2009
Additional Documents: first week of Oct 2009 (US state police certificate)
Now waiting for AOR
keptis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keptis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:01am
Question: I am recent csq holder. I need advice regarding how to facilitate my common law partner also gaining permanent residency. Any information would be appreciated.
montreal129 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montreal129 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:51am

Does your partner has CSQ too? she needs CSQ too for federal application...

keptis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keptis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:23pm
Thks. Do I inform BIQ and does she have to pay and do the same process I did to get CSQ?
montreal129 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montreal129 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:58pm
You need to check about this with quebec immigration. I am not sure about this...
Sadofix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadofix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 1:06pm

Hi all,

Here is my timeline:
CSQ applied: March 1, 2009
CSQ received: August 17, 2009
PR Application + medical + Police certificate reached Buffalo: Oct 6, 2009
AOR received: Dec 9, 2009
Application sent to Detroit: Dec 15, 2009

ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:52pm
Hi guys, I have some questions that keeps bugging me.

1) I applied for CSQ a week ago, but realised after mailing that my sister misunderstood what she was supposed to do Embarrassed. She certified a copy of the doc that she was supposed to sign before a commissioner (i.e Déclaration d’un membre de la parenté au Québec). Now are they going to mail me a letter asking for the same doc? Or, should I wait to receive an initial contact with AOR and then resend it with the declaration stamped by the commissioner?
2) How long does it take to get the AOR from Montreal if paid with Visa?

Please help, i'm already turning Dead
Thks,
And.
ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 6:55pm
hi everyone,
Got some questions today for the forum. 1) How long PPT needs to be valid for? is it 1 yr?
2) Do we have to meet this requirement throughout the process? I mean, does the passport need to be valid when we submit application for CSQ or when we receive CSQ? When we submit application for PR or for the issuance of visa?
3) Also, is it req'd to get visa in the PPT if we are in Canada already or not? i heard that i can get visa at local immigration centre (in Canada), but got confused when a friend once said "you don't need visa, only PR card".
My PPT expires in March 2011, so i wanna know if i need to get a visa and if they will req that i give a PPT that is valid for 1 yr beyond the issuance date of such PR visa. Tx for ur answers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic