Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Language requirements - Certificate from abroad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Language requirements - Certificate from abroad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pretestRQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Language requirements - Certificate from abroad
    Posted: 27 May 2013 at 3:40pm
Hi Everyone,

My wife is applying for citizenship next month, she has her Masters from abroad (India).She completed the program (secondary, post-secondary, bachelors & masters) in English. The complete program was done in English not the single course.

The CIC website says they will accept proof of completion of secondary/post secondary school from abroad as an acceptable document for language requirements. I have copied the exact text from their website below...

I want to know the experience of people who actually applied for citizenship by providing the documents/proof from foreign country. Also if you could list what exact documents you provided (Diploma, transcripts , cover letter, notarized or not) it will help us a lot.

Please let us know if you suggest taking a test( IELTS or CELPIP) is  safer than providing the certificate from abroad. There is a wait time of 3 to 4 months to get the test date.

Also, if we apply by providing the documents from abroad when will we know that they have accepted our documents. I mean if they don't accept it how soon they will return it.

Copied from CIC website:

3. Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary education program in French or English, in Canada or abroad, such as:

A transcript, diploma or certificate from a secondary school; or
A transcript, diploma, certificate or degree from a post-secondary school
Note: When these documents are provided, the applicant must have successfully completed a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement.

Thanks,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic