Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Working in Quebec City, job opportunities spous
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working in Quebec City, job opportunities spous

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StijnVD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working in Quebec City, job opportunities spous
    Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:24am
Hi everyone,

my name is Stijn (Stan), I'm 26 years old and I'm currently living in Belgium.
I have a possible job offer from a company in Quebec city with a yearly gross salary of about 60000CAD and they provide assistance with visas and relocation. That would definitly get us settled. But I worry about my girlfriend. I've read all over the web it's practically impossible to find a job right now in certain parts of Canada, and not just as an immigrant. She has a master degree in English-Italian and a master degree in marketing management. It would be a pitty to let that go to waste. I've read horror-stories of highly qualified people delivering pizza's. I can understand it's not easy, moving to another country, and that one has to be prepared to take a step down, but is it really thát hard at the moment? Language shouldn't be a barrier either, we're both trilingual.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback on living and working in Quebec City.

Thanks in advance!

Stijn
mariya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 7:36am
very nice post
mariya
batool100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batool100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 1:40am
if you are in Quebec City it is going to be hard
but if you are in Montreal it will be a lot easier
because 50% of the people speak english and french
and a lot of them in the west of montreal don't even speak
french
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic