Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Business / Investor Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Language test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirty_diana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Language test
    Posted: 14 May 2013 at 8:47am
Hi there, can anyone answer a quick question for me. It says in the new Start up visa the following:

You must meet the minimum level of CLB 5 in either English or French for all four language abilities.

You must take a language test from an agency approved by CIC and include the results when you apply. If you do not, we will not process your application and we will return your fees.

Does this still apply for those whose first language is English anyway? I'm Irish so do I still need to prove that I am proficient in English.

Thanks, 

Tina.

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 1:29pm
Yes you must provide test result.
juliakellun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliakellun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 4:26pm
Yes my friend, you need to clear the test for English too even if its your first language.
attorneycolin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote attorneycolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 3:13pm
There are no exemptions or exceptions to the language requirements.

--
-----
COLIN R. SINGER, Attorney
Certified Human Resources Professional
Canadian Citizenship & Immigration
Resource Center (CCIRC) Inc.
515-4999 Ste-Catherine St. West
Montreal, Canada H3Z 1T3

Tel: (514) 487-2011
Fax: (514) 487-2385
Email: [email protected]
Web:   http://www.immigration.ca

Licensed Recruitment Professionals:

Global Recruiters Network of Montreal
515-4999 Ste-Catherine St. West
Montreal, Canada H3Z 1T3

Tel: (514) 788-8878
Fax: (514) 487-2385
Email: [email protected]
Web:   http://www.grnmontreal.com

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential or subject to copyright.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain viruses. The information contained in this
e-mail is prepared using hardware and drawn from sources believed to be reliable, but the accuracy
and completeness of the information is not guaranteed, nor in providing it does Canadian Citizenship
& Immigration Resource Center (CCIRC) Inc assume any liability for its contents.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic