Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delivering Passport to Detroit in person?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flipxxxflop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delivering Passport to Detroit in person?
    Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 9:32pm
I just got PPR from Detroit and was wondering if I can go take it to them and get my passport and visa back that day and cross the border to land. Plus I am from the USA and it says to send it in the mail, can't I just do it all and get it over with in one shot? Anyone ever heard of this THANKS!!
App sent Nov 2
Received App-Nov 13
Started Processing-Dec 4
Decision Made-Dec. 4
Received Sponship Letter-Dec 12
AOR- Dec 16
Buffalo Started Processing. Dec 16
File Trans to Detroit-Jan 12

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:15am
I do not know the procedures available in Detroit per se, but the information that came with the passport request should clearly set forth the available options . . . mine, for example, clearly set forth the procedure for presenting the passport in person (Buffalo) and alternatively the procedure for mailing.

In other words, if the letter says it is to be sent by mail (I would definitely do it by courier not ordinary mail), and does not say you can do it in person at the embassy, I think that is your answer. Including a prepaid courier envelope for its return is also so good an idea one might as well say it is necessary.

As a rule of thumb: When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, well, yeah, still follow the instructions.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 7:46am
I will follow the instruction given in the mail. they said mail in yr passport so i will do a it by courier and wait for it back. walking in there, they might not let u enter even....

good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic