Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

resending application wp extension LCP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliveros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: resending application wp extension LCP
    Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 4:28pm
Good afternoon.

I have a problem.  My work permit will expire next week Feb 23 2010.  My representative said that she sent my application for extension last October 26, 2009 but on a regular mail only.  I cannot track down the mail because of this.

It has been February now and no letter or confirmation was received.

I called CIC recently and agent said no recent application was received under my name.  She asked me to call again next week and check and said that I can still continue my work under the same employer (Im under the LCP).

I am worried now that my application was not received and if I call next week my permit will be expired.

I am totally worried now caused I dont know what to do.

Can I resend my application again - but this time using the priority mail.  I will pay the fees again and send it with my application - OR will I wait next week and call again.

Please answer my post soon.

Thank you

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by oliveros oliveros wrote:

Good afternoon.I have a problem.  My work permit will expire next week Feb 23 2010.  My representative said that she sent my application for extension last October 26, 2009 but on a regular mail only.  I cannot track down the mail because of this.It has been February now and no letter or confirmation was received.I called CIC recently and agent said no recent application was received under my name.  She asked me to call again next week and check and said that I can still continue my work under the same employer (Im under the LCP).I am worried now that my application was not received and if I call next week my permit will be expired.I am totally worried now caused I dont know what to do.

Can I resend my application again - but this time using the priority mail.  I will pay the fees again and send it with my application - OR will I wait next week and call again.Please answer my post soon.Thank you

Probably send a new application ASAP, and write a cover letter letting them know what you just explained. Since it would still be with the same employer you would be under implied status. Processing is currently for work permits received December.
oliveros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliveros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:29am
Thank you for the reply.

Probably I will do that - start the whole process again.  Do I still have to explain what happened?

If payment was made by my representative, can I still be able to get a refund of that payment?

Thank you 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:42am

Thank you for the reply.

Probably I will do that - start the whole process again.  Do I still have to explain what happened?

If payment was made by my representative, can I still be able to get a refund of that payment?

Thank you 

Write a cover letter just in case your first application is with them and is being processed (although based on the time lines you should have result by now). In the event you have already sent a second application and the work permit from the previous application arrived, you can send CPC a letter cancelling the second application (attach a copy of the WP that arrived).
oliveros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliveros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 9:12pm
I resend my application and also pay the fees needed online.  I sent it using Canada Post's Priority Mail this morning.  Attendan t said it would be in Alberta this Thursday and I could track my mail using their website.

Ive talked to my representative and looks like she did nothing.  I got hold of my documents and she even gave us a receipt of payment but to my suprise there was no stamp branch and date of payment. 

I also did what youve said - making a cover letter.  Ive explained what happened with my application and representation and why I only applied now. 

Im just so disappointed with her that I trusted her with my application.  We applied as early as possible so that it wont lead to this.  Furthermore, she did not even call the CIC call center to inquire about my application.  It was my future that was at stake.

Im thankful that I called and found ways regarding my application.  Thank you Lord.

Thank you for your site and God bless.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:23pm

I resend my application and also pay the fees needed online.  I sent it using Canada Post's Priority Mail this morning.  Attendan t said it would be in Alberta this Thursday and I could track my mail using their website.

Ive talked to my representative and looks like she did nothing.  I got hold of my documents and she even gave us a receipt of payment but to my suprise there was no stamp branch and date of payment. 

I also did what youve said - making a cover letter.  Ive explained what happened with my application and representation and why I only applied now. 

Im just so disappointed with her that I trusted her with my application.  We applied as early as possible so that it wont lead to this.  Furthermore, she did not even call the CIC call center to inquire about my application.  It was my future that was at stake.

Im thankful that I called and found ways regarding my application.  Thank you Lord.

Thank you for your site and God bless.

That's good. At least you can continue working for your present employer while your work permit is in progress. Make sure that your application is received before the 23rd. All the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic