Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COPR time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COPR time
    Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 5:17pm
I started my Pr process as Canadian experience and just got the final decision. I had sent my Passport in order to get the COPR. I wanted to know how long is the estimated time for the passport to be sent back to me. so far has been 5 weeks; i have not been able to contact them and I would like to plan somethings. does anybody know? :(
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 12:09am
It depends very much on the office.  Some are quite fast (2-3 weeks) but others seem to take a bit longer (2-3 months).  NDVO has a habit of requesting passports up front in the process so it's common for that to take 6+ months,, but that doesn't seem typical for most visa offices.

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic