Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How I close my account on this site?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How I close my account on this site?
    Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 11:36am
I would like to close my account on this website? I no longer want to be on this anymore. I found it not private at all, it is for whole world to see the posts, no thanks.

I tried to search about how to close the account!

Thanks!
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 1:26pm
I believe you can delete your posts, or at least edit them to remove the content. You can also edit your profile to remove any private information. (As a moderator I cannot edit or delete my own posts; note, I am a moderator, meaning mostly spam-cop, not part of the administration of the site, so what I can do is very limited -- indeed, as I said, I cannot even edit my posts while regular users can.)

I can suspend your account if you like, but if you want to delete or edit posts, you should do that first.

And yes, of course, this site is an open site; like many other similar forum sites (of all sorts) it is best to not divulge too much personal information.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
~*Dani*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

I believe you can delete your posts, or at least edit them to remove the content. You can also edit your profile to remove any private information. (As a moderator I cannot edit or delete my own posts; note, I am a moderator, meaning mostly spam-cop, not part of the administration of the site, so what I can do is very limited -- indeed, as I said, I cannot even edit my posts while regular users can.)

I can suspend your account if you like, but if you want to delete or edit posts, you should do that first.

And yes, of course, this site is an open site; like many other similar forum sites (of all sorts) it is best to not divulge too much personal information.

I tried to delete my posts--couldn't find "delete" to remove the content. How I find my posts that I posted in the past? Pls tell me how, Thanks.

once I am done with those, I'll let you know then you can suspend my account.
~*Dani*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 10:37am
I tried to delete but no luck! at least I edited and leave a dot line( .....)  you can suspend my account. I would like that.

I am having problem on other Immigration Discussion Forum(CanadaVisa). I closed my account so unexpectedly without realizing that I didn't complete to delete all posts I posted. I tried to sign back in and said my account is not there. I tried to find moderator to delete posts for me.

Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:52am
I dont think you can "delete", but you can "edit" your post
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:54am

open your post and choose "post options" in the top right corner and then choose "edit post"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic