Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Central America Applications CIC Guatemala

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zygurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central America Applications CIC Guatemala
    Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:31pm
Hi,
I'm making this thread for those applying from Central America and have to send their applications through the Embassy of Canada in Guatemala. We are not that many and it is quite troublesome to find information about that particular CIC office so I hope this thread is useful for someone sometime. I already have my passport stamped and awaiting for it to arrive to me so I can "land". Though I applied through Quebec, Federal process isn't that different so I can help in bits here and there. I hope others join in and discuss their experiences if there's anyone out there that deals with this office to begin with, lol.

My timeline is as followed:
February 18, 2008:  Sent application for CSQ to BIQ Mexico.
March 24, 2008:      AOR from BIQ Mexico received.
April 8, 2008:          Confirmation of payment for CSQ application
November 14, 2008: Called for interview for CSQ
December 2, 2008:   Interview done in Guatemala and obtained CSQ.
December 8, 2008:   Applied for the Federal part of the process to Guatemala.
March 16, 2009:       Documents returned because someone over there does not know their job well.
March 24, 2009:       Resent documents under their request and admittance of a mistake being made.
May 25, 2009:          Documents returned for the second time because of their same mistake.
June 4, 2009:           Sent my Federal Application for the THIRD time.
June 10, 2009:          AOR for the Federal part of the process finally received.
August 27, 2009:      Request of Police Certificates from Honduras and Mexico and Medicals as well.
September 10 2009:  Medicals done.
September 16, 2009: Sent medicals and police certificates from Honduras.
October 13, 2009:     Sent State Police Certificate from Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
October 28, 2009:     Passport and Right of Permanent Resident Fee requested along with a Honduras PC issued by DNIC.
November 16, 2009:  e-CAS changed to DECISION MADE and passport was confirmed to be stamped with PR via phonecall from CIC Guatemala.
December 1, 2009:   Awaiting for passport to arrive.

Hope this helps someone out there. For the record, I never translated anything to English/French nor did I notarize anything. Do confirm with CIC or BIQ through email though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic