Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clarity on applying for second working holiday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LimaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clarity on applying for second working holiday
    Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 10:39pm

Hi all,

Just trying to make sense of this..

Right now I am on a working holiday visa in Canada, from the UK. This visa expires in January 2013. I'd like to apply to get another visa for 2013-14. The website tells me to apply 3 months before my current visa expires (a little late for that). I know 2013 working holiday program is supposed to launch around now, but does anyone know if I can apply for a second year before that? I'm thinking I can't, but just wanted to check. I'm stuck waiting for the new program to launch.

Thanks very much,

Tim

LimaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LimaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 10:42pm
Oh yes, my other question. There is a rule that stipulates you must have spent no more than 8 months in a country other than your own in the last 3 years before your application. I have spent the last year in Canada so obviously I've gone over there. I'm assuming the rule doesn't apply to Canada? Does anyone know?

Many thanks,
Tim
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 11:52pm
Hi

Originally posted by LimaBean LimaBean wrote:

Oh yes, my other question. There is a rule that stipulates you must have spent no more than 8 months in a country other than your own in the last 3 years before your application. I have spent the last year in Canada so obviously I've gone over there. I'm assuming the rule doesn't apply to Canada? Does anyone know?
Many thanks,
Tim

1. You can't apply for the 2013 IEC until they open. January? Note you will probably need a new police certificate if yours is a year old and insurance with repatriation plus $2500. Note you will probably have to apply for an extension as a visitor when the IEC expires, no implied status.
2. No it is not 8 months, it is no more than 18 months outside the UK in the past 3 years to remain eligible.

Edited by pmm - 25 Nov 2012 at 11:53pm
PMM
LimaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LimaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 12:29pm
Thanks for the answers ppm!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic