Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(Help) NOC Code required for "Risk Officer"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkrink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Help) NOC Code required for "Risk Officer"
    Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 4:06am
Hi All,

I am working as an "Operational Risk Officer" for a Bank.

I was not able to identify the NOC code that my job profile fits in. Could anybody out here help me to locate the appropriate job code for me.

Thanks.
Gaurav
======================================

My job description is as follows

1. Support Head of Risk Management with development and implementation of the framework for the identification, assessment, monitoring, control/mitigation and reporting of the operational risks across the Bank.
2. Aid Head of Risk Management in planning and implementing Basel II framework.
3. Contribute to raising operational risk awareness and culture throughout the Bank and the business lines and provide guidelines to business units in enabling them to identify risks and develop necessary controls and processes to manage those risks.
4. Preserve database of business processes, risks, controls, mitigation measures and historical losses (internal/external) on a Bank-wide basis.
5. Promotes in the design, implementation, evaluation and reporting of:
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and tolerance levels.
- Risk Control Self Assessment Process.
- Control Incident and Operational Loss Collation Processes.
6. Assist in designing, implementing, assessing and enhancing of operational risk systems.
7. Plan and manage Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan for the Bank.
8. Accomplish operational risk assessment review of new products, new or changed activities, processes and systems under the direction/guidance of Head of Risk Management.
9. Review, analyze, enhance and update policies, procedures and processes for managing IT Security and operational risk in all of the bank’s material products, activities, processes and systems.
10. Maintains abreast with developments in the market, regulatory environment for operational risk management in banking and financial services industries (Basel committee, FSA, BBA, etc.)
anasuyak7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anasuyak7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 6:42am
Try 0122
Immigration Expert View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immigration  Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 5:16pm
Hi,

You may try to visit the CIC site, find NOC and assess your chances here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp

Good luck!

Originally posted by linkrink linkrink wrote:

Hi All,

I am working as an "Operational Risk Officer" for a Bank.

I was not able to identify the NOC code that my job profile fits in. Could anybody out here help me to locate the appropriate job code for me.

Thanks.
Gaurav
======================================

My job description is as follows

1. Support Head of Risk Management with development and implementation of the framework for the identification, assessment, monitoring, control/mitigation and reporting of the operational risks across the Bank.
2. Aid Head of Risk Management in planning and implementing Basel II framework.
3. Contribute to raising operational risk awareness and culture throughout the Bank and the business lines and provide guidelines to business units in enabling them to identify risks and develop necessary controls and processes to manage those risks.
4. Preserve database of business processes, risks, controls, mitigation measures and historical losses (internal/external) on a Bank-wide basis.
5. Promotes in the design, implementation, evaluation and reporting of:
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and tolerance levels.
- Risk Control Self Assessment Process.
- Control Incident and Operational Loss Collation Processes.
6. Assist in designing, implementing, assessing and enhancing of operational risk systems.
7. Plan and manage Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan for the Bank.
8. Accomplish operational risk assessment review of new products, new or changed activities, processes and systems under the direction/guidance of Head of Risk Management.
9. Review, analyze, enhance and update policies, procedures and processes for managing IT Security and operational risk in all of the bank’s material products, activities, processes and systems.
10. Maintains abreast with developments in the market, regulatory environment for operational risk management in banking and financial services industries (Basel committee, FSA, BBA, etc.)
Immigration Expert
http://bilyk.ca

DISCLAIMER
Posts on this forum are provided for information purposes only and in no way are intended as legal or immigration advice.
Jonathanus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 10:38am

Hi,

Good ideal, pls try to keep posting. I like this topic very much and I will digged this one.

Tks again.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic