Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visitor Visa for my partner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaRachel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visitor Visa for my partner
    Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:45pm
Basically I´m looking for advice on how to ensure that my partner gets his visitor visa to Canada.
We are in the process of getting all of the paper work together. We have been living together in Ecuador for about a year and before we get married we want to spend some time in Canada. I´m working on getting my family to write a letter of invitation and to sponsor his visit. Also his family here is going to write an economic garuantee.

The main question that I wanted to ask was whether it would help if we applied for common-law status here in Ecuador? I wasn´t sure if this would help his visa go through, or if it would look suspicous, or hurt his changes because they may think he will try to stay in Canada. We have a business here in Ecuador so the both of us have all intentions of returning but it seems like quite a challenge to prove that to the Canadian government (especially since we arn´t millionaires!).
Any advice or thoughts are much appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic