Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Common Law sponsorship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZsMumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Common Law sponsorship
    Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 3:16pm
Hi Smile

Im new to this forum, and Im worried about my application...
my Fiancees work visa runs out on Jan 21, and we have not yet submitted our application.  We have a 1.5yr old son who is VERY busy, and its been so hard for me to take the time to finish filling it out. Its taken me so long to get everything together that the forms have all changed since I first printed them out and now Ive filled out another full set of the same (but updated) forms.  There are just a few things now that I dont understand...
Should I go see an immigration consultant?  or should I just send it in and hope for the best?
I really just want to know that Im not alone.
thanks.
-S
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 11:16pm
A consultant or attorney does not make your application go any faster.  They can review your application to make sure that it is complete and correct, but if you are comfortable with your application, you would be better off saving the money (or at most paying them to review the application.)

Many people apply on their own successfully.

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
ZsMumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZsMumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 4:24pm
thanks!  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic