Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I apply for canadian workpermit? Help me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abroadpoint.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I apply for canadian workpermit? Help me
    Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:23am
Dear all,

I am from Pakistan. Please tell me that can I apply for canadian workpermit using a consultant in UK.
I mean from which embassy I'll got visa? (Canadian embassy in islamabd, or England)

Waiting for your informative replies.....Shocked
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by abroadpoint.com abroadpoint.com wrote:

Dear all,

I am from Pakistan. Please tell me that can I apply for canadian workpermit using a consultant in UK.

I mean from which embassy I'll got visa? (Canadian embassy in islamabd, or England)

Waiting for your informative replies.....Shocked

Beware, the consultant might be a scammer. Search for the name/"job offer" and it probably has already been reported as a scam. Don't pay any money especially if they say "pay to our bank account" or use "western union". Check the "phone numbers" they use.

Edited by job_seeker - 06 Feb 2010 at 1:24pm
abroadpoint.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abroadpoint.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 7:47am

ShockedYes they ask some processing fee.

They said send this money when visa will issued? But Advice me

That is it possible that citizen of one country apply a canadian visa from another country while staying in home country?

Please help? and is there any method to verify job offers and visa submission for canada?

Waiting....................

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:29am

ShockedYes they ask some processing fee.

They said send this money when visa will issued? But Advice me

That is it possible that citizen of one country apply a canadian visa from another country while staying in home country?

Please help? and is there any method to verify job offers and visa submission for canada?

Waiting....................

Have you tried searching for the name of the "person/agency" who said s/he will process your visa? The normal procedure is, the agency find employer for you, send you job offer/contract, process LMO, send the LMO to you and you process in your country. And agencies normally have liaison officers/representatives who deal with you directly where you are. If you do a "long distance application" it is only to work out the processing requirements (documents needed to attach with app).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abroadpoint.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:42am

As you mentioned that agency give LMO to applicant? Can we also apply for LMO our self as an applicant for work permit in Canada only having job offer from a firm?

If yes how please send me details? If no then whether it is good to hire a abroad consultant for LMO?

Explain please

Waiting............Ouch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 12:43pm

As you mentioned that agency give LMO to applicant? Can we also apply for LMO our self as an applicant for work permit in Canada only having job offer from a firm?

If yes how please send me details? If no then whether it is good to hire a abroad consultant for LMO?

Explain please

Waiting............Ouch

No, only the employer/employer's representative can apply for the LMO. A temporary foreign worker can not apply for the LMO. What you can do is look for an employer who's willing to hire you from where you are (there are cases where employers are willing to wait if you have the skill set they need). But you must have patience to browse the web and apply through email. If the offers are too good to be true, they are too good to be true. Back off. We will be more in a position to help you out if you give us more info as to the type of job, where in Canada. There are senior members here who when they see the names/offers are aware that they are scams/scammers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abroadpoint.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 10:56am
Mayfair recruitment agency recruit for Novarion Foods Inc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 2:12pm

Mayfair recruitment agency recruit for Novarion Foods Inc

Best search for the company they say they are recruiting applicants for. You can either inquire about possible job openings from the company. Novarion Foods Inc main is in Hawaii. I searched scam for Novarion Foods and came up with this: http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36167 We can not decide for you. You decide whatever course of action you want to take. If you trust them then go ahead. Google is your friend. Search and read through. All I can say is scammers abound and if they don't have a liaison representative/office in your area and you're just dealing with them through email, then beware.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic