Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 months to medicals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msaleemb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 months to medicals
    Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 7:39am
I am an applicant of April 2004 and did medicals in October 2011.  Ten months have been passed to medicals and still waiting for PPR. The London office informed that they are waiting for background check results.
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:07pm
Have you requested your CAIPS notes?  If not, I'd do so.  That is a long time for CSIS to do a background check and I have heard of cases in which CSIS and CIC end up waiting for each other to do something.

If you do not have someone in Canada to request them for you, there are a number of services that you can use.  One of them that I have used in the past is http://www.caips.ca (I have no interest in them, just have been happy with their service in the past.)

The good news is that this means you have a positive SELDEC, and thus didn't have your application canceled on you.

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
albertan2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertan2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by msaleemb msaleemb wrote:

I am an applicant of April 2004 and did medicals in October 2011.  Ten months have been passed to medicals and still waiting for PPR. The London office informed that they are waiting for background check results.

Hi,

As computergreek has mentioned ordering CAIPS is a good idea as it will show your next BFD and some other information as well.In addition though its quite late for you but not unusual I myself got PPR after almost 10 months of doing meds.I have also seen cases who received meds after almost 11 months ,so just relax and hope for the best .Hopefully very soon you will receive PPR.

Good luck!
msaleemb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msaleemb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 3:14am

I received 7 pages of CAIPS notes. On page it is showing that file is transferred to London office on April 21, 2012. On page 7 it is showing PSDEC, SELDEC, BDEC, MEDDEC, OREQ and FINDEC empty & also showing " PPAER FILE SENT TO RET FILE BF'D TO :     ON". Status : SEC CRIM, Medical : SATGE VALIDITY.

I have done medicals on October 2011 which is not mentioned in the file.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic