Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

post graduation work permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vikram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: post graduation work permit
    Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 1:48pm
I am on a student visa, i completed my graduation in december 2009 and my visa got expired on december 31 2009 and my study permit is till march 31 2010. I applied for my post grad work permit which will get extended till december 31 2012, but i have to go india next month, can i come back or apply in india for my visa on the base of my postgrad work permit to re-enter canada?
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by vikram vikram wrote:

I am on a student visa, i completed my graduation in december 2009 and my visa got expired on december 31 2009 and my study permit is till march 31 2010. I applied for my post grad work permit which will get extended till december 31 2012, but i have to go india next month, can i come back or apply in india for my visa on the base of my postgrad work permit to re-enter canada?

Apply for your TRV now. You have enough time. Apply to a visa office in the US. Send your application together with a copy of your PGWP.

Application requirements here:
Buffalo

Read about the new guides/forms here:
CIC.gc.ca

Am not sure if Buffalo CIC has updated their website.

Edited by job_seeker - 01 Feb 2010 at 3:10pm
vikram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vikram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 5:47pm
i dont have the PGWP right now, i am waiting for my graduation letter from my university, only after that i can apply and after that i have to go back.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by vikram vikram wrote:

i dont have the PGWP right now, i am waiting for my graduation letter from my university, only after that i can apply and after that i have to go back.

If you have your PGWP in your possession when you leave Canada, then it may be possible for you to apply for a re-entry visa from India. But this I am not 100% sure. Call CIC to make sure. People I have talked with made sure they have their visas before they left Canada.
vikram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vikram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:50am
ya lets see,I will confirm that though. Thanks :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic