Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passport Request!! WHOOT!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passport Request!! WHOOT!
    Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 12:15pm
Hello all!

I am near hysteria and still so baffled at how fast this is progressing!

Here is our timeline:

Application recieved at M-CIC : 06/03/12

Sponsorship Approved : 31/05/12

Medicals Received in New Delhi : 03/06/12

Passport and RPRF Request: 18/06/12

This all seems so fast! We were expecting to wait so much longer. I came back to Canada from my husbands home country in November, so it has been since then. It would have been sooner ut I needed to find a stable job before applying and get all the canada revenue documents mailed to me. I feel like we're nearing the home stretch.

We were meticulous with our organization and had all our boxes checked on my document list, not missing anything unless I'm completely blind! Haha

Is it a good sign/normal to have it requested so soon?

So excited!

Edited by abhat - 18 Jun 2012 at 12:40pm
Spousal Sponsorship recieved 06/03/12

Met Sponsorship Requirements
31/05/12

Medicals Received in New Delhi
03/06/12
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 9:52am
Some embassies do request the passport in advance of final approval, so it doesn't necessarily mean that they are ready to issue his visa just yet.  It is a good timeline so far, though.  Fingers crossed!  See if you can find others processing through the same embassy to see what their experience has been.  You can also do a filter search for just your particular embassy on Trackitt to see if others have posted a timeline, and then compare.  Good Luck.
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
abhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 2:30am
Thanks!

Paid the RPRF a few hours ago, forwarded receipt to my husband and he is right now at the post office. It will take about 3 days to get to New Delhi from Nepal. Very excited.

I checked out the New Delhi application thread and there seems to be quite a few that got the PPR and got the visa issues within a month after that. The ones that took longer also had other document requested just before or with the PP request. Our letter just said to pay landing fee and send passport.

I am caustiously optimistic right now.
Spousal Sponsorship recieved 06/03/12

Met Sponsorship Requirements
31/05/12

Medicals Received in New Delhi
03/06/12
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic