Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prohibitions under the Citizenship Act form

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HI-ALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prohibitions under the Citizenship Act form
    Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 10:59am
Hi All

Question for those who already wrote their test:

I have received my test letter and Prohibitions under the Citizenship Act form (in the same mail).

Should I sign the Prohibitions under the Citizenship Act form and send it back (now) to CIC or this form should be submitted the test day.

Thanks

HI-ALL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HI-ALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 12:17pm
Guys
So for 25 people read my post and no answer yet

HI-ALL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HI-ALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 1:22pm
A friend of mine told me that the form mentioned above shall be signed by every applicant before Oath. Why they send it to me before the test.

Any thought is welcome
HI-ALL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HI-ALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 1:43pm
CP 15 : Guide to Citizenship Ceremonies

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/resources/manuals/cp/cp15-eng.pdf

Page 51 and 52

Before the oath is taken, the person responsible must ensure that the applicant is not the subject of a criminal procedure or an immigration investigation. This information is on the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form (CIT 0049) and on the Prohibitions under the Citizenship Act form (CIT 0039), which the
applicant must sign.

When there is reason to believe that the applicant is the subject of such investigations (criminal or immigration), the applicant may not take the oath.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic