Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rescheduling citizenship test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4cl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rescheduling citizenship test
    Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 10:19am
Hi,

We applied for Canadian Citizenship in April 2009 and according to the cic website, our test is scheduled for early January 2010. Unfortunately, we are currently outside of Canada and it is really hard to make it for the exam.

Our exam is to be held in Scarborough center in Ontario. I guess I need to call the office and give them a notice to reschedule the test. I searched on the net for the contact number of this office but couldn't find any. I also couldn't find a general citizenship enquiry phone number which is reachable OUTSIDE Canada. I tried 1-800-242-2100 (through Skype) but it seems the number is blocked for outside Canada.

I was wondering if you have had similar experience you would like to share OR know of the contacts for Scarborough CIC office.

Thanks!
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 10:28am
Send a FAX to CIC Scarborough office.
Fax: (416)-973-5123

You do understand that this will delay your citizenship process further by few months.....
iyusufali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyusufali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 5:53pm
Hi 4ACl,

They say most people do not attend the test and local office automatcially re-schedule it.

Hope this helps you.

Edited by iyusufali - 18 Dec 2009 at 5:50pm
Dual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:46pm
If you have a friend that works at a company most likely they have conference calling or sometimes referred as Three way calling. I was out of the Country and called my friend in Canada and she called the CIC and confrenced me in. All three of us were on the phone. My friend remained silent by pressing the mute button on her phone.

A lot of people get three way calling as a call feature on phone and most businesses have it to.

Good Luck.

Dual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:53pm

another thought.. if you do not show up to the Test it is possible you will get an RQ. So be prepared for prove your Residency.

vbpatel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbpatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:48am
I guess you did not read it carefuly! he has been scheduled already!

Originally posted by iyusufali iyusufali wrote:

Hi 4ACl,

Has Ecas status changed to in process ? and does it have the notice stating the file has been transfered.

If it has then you can send them the fax to say you will not be here or most people do not attend the test and they automatcially re-schedule it.

If your status does not say its been transferred then don't worry about it as come Jan thats when they will start looking at your file and then set up a test in feb or mar. depending on how much backlog they have.

Hope this helps you.

Originally posted by 4cl 4cl wrote:

Hi,

We applied for Canadian Citizenship in April 2009 and according to the cic website, our test is scheduled for early January 2010. Unfortunately, we are currently outside of Canada and it is really hard to make it for the exam.

Our exam is to be held in Scarborough center in Ontario. I guess I need to call the office and give them a notice to reschedule the test. I searched on the net for the contact number of this office but couldn't find any. I also couldn't find a general citizenship enquiry phone number which is reachable OUTSIDE Canada. I tried 1-800-242-2100 (through Skype) but it seems the number is blocked for outside Canada.

I was wondering if you have had similar experience you would like to share OR know of the contacts for Scarborough CIC office.

Thanks!
iyusufali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyusufali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:48pm
Oh LOL my bad,

Well it would be the case of not attending and they automatically reschedule to a later date. Not sure if calling/faxing them helps as my friend needed to reschedule it and she went to the local office. They said to her, don't attend the test and thats when a new test date will be issued.

She had to wait for another 3 months for before they gave her another test date.
4cl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4cl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 3:10am
Thanks all for reading and replying the original message.

After reading/searching on the internet and consulting with a friend, I found that the consequences of not attending the exam "could be" much worse than what I had originally assumed. Therefore, I decided to take the test and make it easier for myself.

As an extra piece of information, I called a friend in Canada and asked him to call 1-888-242-2100. He pretended to be me and I was hearing the reply of the officer answering my questions :-)

Good luck to all!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic