Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meeting your spouse/Partner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robyng65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:32pm
I met my husband in a yahoo chat room too, Buddhism. Strange how the reviewing immigration officer noted on refusal of my husband's visa that he was looking to meet and immigration to Canada, I don't get the co relations between Buddhism and finding a woman to marry just to obtain immigration status to Canada, do you?

Anyway, our meeting is bitter sweet after 2 years and 2 months marriage and still waiting to be together God knows how long, we are waiting the slower process of getting an appeal court date, and our lives are frustrating, sorry to be a downer, these days are very hard.
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:47pm
Clearly the IO didn't research Buddhist history! What a doofus. I'm sorry for the reason for his refusal Robyn.
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
mitang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:05pm
My husband and I met in China. His company flew him to China to help open a branch there in December 2006. We worked in the same office building and didn't meet until 3 months after he first arrived. We didn't start dating until 2 months after that.
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 11:05pm
this is cool....I met my husband on Hi5, its not even a dating website....he made a comment about my profile picture that was over 2years ago...can't wait for him to get his PR.
dealic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:09am
We met playing World of Warcraft. I was decidedly NOT looking for a relationship, having recently separated from my first husband. But he was persistent and I finally gave in. Best thing I ever did! We were married 1 year after we first "met"
jstmarried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:20pm
hello all my husband and i met at a club back 2001 we dated a very long time were commonlaw and now married he left back to his country 2005 i went along for a year and i am happy to say that he has been here for 3 months now and i am the happiest woman alive
time1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote time1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 11:46am
Hi Mrs.Sam how u beeen?? i thought your story was interesting lol

My husband came to canada on Dec.3rd..wahoo! haha...it's almost a month since he's here and i still can't believe it..life is strange i swear!LOL
gggomez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gggomez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 7:46pm
I met my husband while on my journey through out africa, No I wasn't looking for a husband! lol... I didn't meet him online but close to it! we met at his work place which is an internet cafe. The nite I met him a friend of mine e mailed me telling me about his new girl and how much he was in love with her! I e mailed him back saying that I hope I meet some prince charming that will sweep me off my feet and well here we are almost two years later waiting on some stranger to either put a knife in our hearts or give us our desired joy in life.
Carolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 1:18am
I met my Husband On Yearbook, bought all his pics, (not real money) others would outbid me, then I requested his friendship, we spoke 5 months on the phone, I was in Texas, He in Canada. In July of 2009 we met at an airport in Texas, and knew from that moment on that we would be where we are now.."married on Dec 23rd." and I'm in canada now as a Visitor waiting on my Marriage Certificate then going under the sponsoship application. It's been 1 year and I have never been so happy. 
Carolyn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic