Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 day work history?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MD2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 day work history?
    Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 5:26pm
Hey guys!
Appreciate your advice.

My wife and I submitted our pr inland March 2010. My wife is from Central America. 
We filled out the employment history form appropriately, except we got stuck on one thing. 
We both did a 10 day paid job-training for an english language school in Costa Rica. 
They do training and observed teaching before deciding to hire their teachers. They start the work visa app for the employees but dont submit it on your behalf unless you sign a longer contract with them. 
My wife and I were not there to work but rather for vacation, and getting a work visa was too complicated so we never went past that training stage. 
We never reported that on her work history form initially - but I had it starred to come back to, after some thought. Well things went by and I forgot to go back and change it, until recently I realized we hadnt included it. 

Will this be an issue? ie: if they see that we have "worked" (trained) for 10 days in Costa Rica?
We didnt mean to be dishonest, but among the other 1000 things we were doing the the pr apps, forgot to come back and make the change. 

One lawyer has suggested it would just create more confusion by adding it - then we'd have to prove that we didnt work for the 3 months we were there.  

So do you think we should send in the work history form again - just explaining that we hadnt intended to leave it out, but here it is added in a new form, just in case?
I dont want to create confusion either. Or should we just wait and see if we are asked for an update - and then fill it in?

I just dont want something so tiny, to end up becoming a big issue! 
oops!

MD2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MD2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 5:27pm
Just to clarify - we DID submit a completed work history form, just didnt make the edit to include that 10 day stint of paid training. Thanks!
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 6:52pm
the work history and address history has to be declared in sch 1
q 11 and q 15

if you completed that correctly you are ok..WHILE there must NOT be any gaps, it does not have to be EXACT.... ABSOLUTELY EXACT dates...

you write month and year...so it is understandable that 10 days plus /minus is a tolerance that should be accepted...
depends on the immigration officer.
they will do a background check if dates checks out roughly I think you will be ok... dont forget if some of the people on here are aged 60 they are expected to account for more than 40 years of their whereabouts and activities..OMG they cant even remember 40 months.some unintentional and innocent deviance is to be expected as inevitable..
dont worry
if thst is the only thing on your application I think you will be ok..
if there are other issues arising you will get a request to explain..
your application will not be rejected ..its not an earth shattering situation..but be prepared . you may get a request...

G L ......be happy and share that with others.. do good be good...

matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 7:58pm
I wouldn't expect missing mentioning a 10 day training to cause a problem. If you don't mention a job you did for a year, and they find out about it, that could be problematic, but if they ask just say you didn't really start the job so you didn't think you needed to include it in the work history.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
MD2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MD2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 7:49pm
Thanks guys. 
It's easy to get worrying over small things, when you read about people posting of "misrepresentation" and what not! It's scary! We dont want to make any mistakes and feared we had!
Well my wife totaled up her paid hours in Costa Rica and it came to 15 hours. So I guess not declaring 15 hours of work would be okay!

We are coming into the end of our 7th month from date of application receipt in Vegreville!
We should hear something soon and will keep you guys posted. 

Thanks again for your advice. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic