Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singapore: IELTS Score Validity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farkrul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Singapore: IELTS Score Validity
    Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 10:24pm

I applied in 2006 under "Simplified Application." I sat for IELTS before I applied then. Now they have asked for papers setting 60 days deadline to send all docs. I emailed them (singapore immi)and said I could send all except IELTS as it's highly unlikely I would get the scoresheet within the deadline. I asked whether they'd accept my 2006 scoresheet. They replied they would "accept 2006 score sheet if it was GT." Do you think they would award me points as well (7-9 for highest score 4 on each skill)? I'm scared if they later say it's old and can't award any points. Pls. suggest.

krisp View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 5:08am
Farkrul,

To be on the safer side please write the IELTS and send your latest score . you can do it . IELTS results are processed in 15 days and , if you only need 7-9 points , I believe you can manage this .

Edited by krisp - 17 Dec 2009 at 5:12am
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
krisp View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 5:11am
In Singapore, there are two IELTS Centres , IDP Singapore and British Council . It is possible to get dates in at least 2 weeks time. The only problem is how you can prepare yourself in this hurry.
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic