Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work Visa at 33 years old??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work Visa at 33 years old??
    Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 8:55am
Hi, this is my first post on this forum, and I'm really hoping someone can help me.

I am a 33 year old UK citizen and am wanting to come to Canada for a year on a working visa.
I have been told, and from what i have read the top age to do this is 30 years old for someone from the UK.

Can someone please help me on this and let me know if i can get one at the age of 33.
I dont intend to stay more than a year, and i don't wish to immigrate. I have no friends or daily out in Canada and nobody to sponsor me. I just want to fly over, find a job and travel around the country for 12 months and fly home...

Can anyone PLEASE help?

Many thanks Confused
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 1:12pm
Hi

Originally posted by Busterdog Busterdog wrote:

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, and I'm really hoping someone can help me.
I am a 33 year old UK citizen and am wanting to come to Canada for a year on a working visa.
I have been told, and from what i have read the top age to do this is 30 years old for someone from the UK.
Can someone please help me on this and let me know if i can get one at the age of 33.
I dont intend to stay more than a year, and i don't wish to immigrate. I have no friends or daily out in Canada and nobody to sponsor me. I just want to fly over, find a job and travel around the country for 12 months and fly home...
Can anyone PLEASE help?
Many thanksĀ Confused

1. Over 30 just means you aren't eligible for the International Experience Canada work permit.
2. If you can find an employer who is able to get a Labour Market Opinion approved from HRSDC after advertising the position for 2 weeks on the Job Bank and then demonstrating there are no PRs/Citizens available. The HRSDC will issue an approved LMO 6-16 weeks processing, and then you can apply for a work permit. It isn't easy or fast, but it can be done. Look on the Job Bank or Monster.com and see if you can find a job that fits your skills.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic