Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GF got TRV till 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 12:11am
Hello.

I'm a Filipina who wants to go to CANADA to go see my boyfriend from VAN this coming April. Though i'm having a bit of trouble on the things I have to declare and the processes that coincides with this application. He'll be hosting me as I stay there for a couple of months since I'll just be applying for a tourist visa at the same time attend his friend's wedding on May this year. I just need some advice particularly on how your GF's application went because I do believe unregistered relationship can give me a slim chance. Your help would be very helpful for me. Thank you.
Yourname View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yourname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by luxexpress luxexpress wrote:

Hello.

I'm a Filipina who wants to go to CANADA to go see my boyfriend from VAN this coming April. Though i'm having a bit of trouble on the things I have to declare and the processes that coincides with this application. He'll be hosting me as I stay there for a couple of months since I'll just be applying for a tourist visa at the same time attend his friend's wedding on May this year. I just need some advice particularly on how your GF's application went because I do believe unregistered relationship can give me a slim chance. Your help would be very helpful for me. Thank you.

Hi - I know this might be a very tough situation and quite frankly, I don't know much of it. My girlfriend secured her visitor visa by showing an invitation from her dad's sister and a lot of money in her bank account.

Hope this helps.
Yourname View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yourname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 8:10pm
Hi there!

A quick update to everyone: my girlfriend went back to her country before her initial 6 month period expired. She's been there a little over a month.

We are making arrangements for her student visa in regards to the finance of it. As soon as that's finalized, we're planning to see her through here. The only difference is, there will be a mention of the dual-intent where this time, she mentions me her boyfriend unlike the first time when she mentioned only her aunt without a single mention of her boyfriend from Canada who she's been with for 2 years in Philippines. 

If she does get allowed in for a quick visit, then she will leave after 4-5 months to go back to Philippines and begin to apply for her student visa while mentioning the dual-intent once again.

Anyone have any thoughts? :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic