Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proving wanting to return

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leroadrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proving wanting to return
    Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:59am
I have a question about a TRV, Visit Visa for my girlfriend. We want her to come visit during her vacation, I have sent an invitation letter saying that I am inviting her temporarily. She has a job, but shes from Brazil so it does not pay astronomically (compared to Canadian standards). She will return, but what can we do to PROVE to immigration Canada that she will return. I have tried to call the embassy in Brazil but can never get to a real live person.

I had an idea, would an affidavit from her stating that she will return after her trip help?

Thanks for any ideas.

scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:51am
- letter from employer
- pay slip
- bank statement
- mortgage or rental agreement
- other documents showing property ownership
- car ownership/rental documentation
- class enrollment & evidence of tuition paid (if she is still in school part time)
- any other documents showing strong ties to Brazil
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
leroadrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leroadrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 12:03pm
Thanks, yes I understand all these points.

My question tho was whether anyone thought that her doing an affidavit stating that she would come back could help?

Has this been done...Thanks!
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 10:21pm
Such an affidavit is self-serving, and thus probably not all that influential. scylla identified things that will undoubtedly have far greater weight than such an affidavit.

Unfortunately, your gf probably has little control over most of the actual, practical considerations that will make the difference.

Discrimination in favor of affluence permeates such things. The way the world is unfortunately.

I'd suggest, like the hypocritical bougeois harboring delusions of intellectualism I have long been, long live the Marxists, but people would just laugh or shrug or wonder what da . . .
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic