Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR renewal for my parents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR renewal for my parents
    Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 2:47pm
Hello everyone,

I have a situation with renewing my parents PR card which expires in July 2012.

My parents obtain their PR in 2007 in the investment category and have not completed their 730 days in the past 5 years. My mom has over 500 days in Canada and Dad must have about 150 days in the past 5 years. 

1. I know applying for renewal would not make a difference and they would lose their status. But if my mom completed her 730 days and then applies for renewal, would my dad have a chance for the PR renewal too. 

2. My parents have a significant investment in retail businesses and are shareholder in company, which I look after, in Canada and hire over 15 Canadian citizen. Based on the investments in Canada, do they have a chance to renew their PR card without having the 730 days in past 5 years. 

I maybe not clear in my questions, but please ask me for any more information if need to know to answer my questions.

Cheers 

Edited by asifatt - 19 Jan 2012 at 4:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic