Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Years Later...Parent Sponsorship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margolina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Years Later...Parent Sponsorship
    Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 1:51pm
Well, I'm back after a successful spousal sponsorship 4 years ago I need to ask some questions about my husband's parent sponsorship.  We submitted our application for his parents sponsorship Sept. 2008.  We recently received a package with all of our original documents that we submitted as they took copies and wanted to return our original documents.  This was the first indication that our application was actually in someone's hands and hopefully/possibly beginning the review. 
My question:  I've checked the processing times which indicate applications recevied Sept 2007 are now being reviewed however as I indicated ours was only sent September 2008.  So...are these processing times/dates accurate?  Are they/immigration officer's prepping the file and going to let it sit for another year or does anyone think there is hope that it might be being reveiwed? 
The status on CIC website indicates application received which I'm not even sure if it had indicated that before now. 
Any insight would be appreciated.  Thank you.Wink

m_lucy66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_lucy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 7:03am
Hello,
I am in the same boat as you are! Best lucks on that!
I submitted my application to sponsor my parents and under age siblings in Oct 2007. I recieved the Ack in Nov 2007.
After long years, I received my original documents and with a Client ID number in March 2011. But, I am not sure if receiving Original documents back was a good/bad sign. I am just wondering if it is a good sign, indicating I am qualified to sponsor my family.
Please update me, if you got any info regarding this.

thanks,
Lucy
hans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 12:32pm
one you get an Client ID number that means its all good to sponsor parents brothers or sisters take a long long time in Canada  if you do not get that Client ID number on the papers that they sent back to you thats a bad sign good luck
asimskm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asimskm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 6:01pm
Getting Client ID is Good Sign, but anyone knows how much average time after getting this ID in Parents Sponsership
aad809 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aad809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 7:02am
usually 30 months 
CPC M- Aug 2007
Delhi: Jan 2011
1st Med- Dec 2011
Finger prints: Nov 2013
2nd medical: Feb 2013
asimskm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asimskm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:47am
Thanks aad809,

Can you let me know in detail, that average 30 months, is including the processing time in orign embassy or in Missisauga,

Actually I need to know how much time is left in Process in Canada, 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic