Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HIV+ & ARVs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheeppainter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HIV+ & ARVs
    Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 6:19pm
I have a question that no one seems to be able to answer.

My partner tested HIV+ during a medical exam for immigration to Canada. I was the primary applicant, skilled worker. Neither of us were aware of his HIV status until this medical exam. Everything else was approved, so needless to say, this was devastating.

Subsequently, we were denied. And appealed. During this process, he was advised to begin ARV treatment. We were never since asked if he was on ARVs nor did we offer that information. At last notification to CIC, he was "not taking ARVs".

After two and a half years of appeals, we are down to one last request by the Consul: A new medical exam. They will send a sealed envelope only to be opened by the Designated Medical Examiner. 

My question is: Is it possible to (or can they legally) test to see if he has already begun ARV treatment? 

We have suspicion that they do not believe he is not on ARVs as he has 'progressed' to "undetectable" and CD4s have risen.

We are desperate.... Please reply soon.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic