Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off Campus Work Permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaddix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off Campus Work Permit
    Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 12:04am
Hello, 

I am currently enrolled in a participating university full-time for 6 months and want to apply for my OCWP. I did all the proper steps for MyCIC according to their website regarding how to apply, but after I get past the initial questionnaire stage (where they see if you are eligible), I get a link that says "You are eligible for an OCWP", and I can see required documents under my application.

These are the steps I followed below: I AM STUCK AT STEP 2. I can see the "what would you like to do today" box, but NOWHERE can I see "request for an EVN". I CANNOT find this form, no matter how hard I look. Can anyone please tell me how I might obtain it?? I tried calling MyCIC but they keep telling me to email them about the issue, and I tried once and it took them a month to reply, and the reply was a generic reply with a link to the mycic website, which doesn't help.

Please help!!!

All students who wish to apply for an Off-Campus Work Permit must first obtain an Eligibility Verification Number (EVN).

To apply for an EVN:
1. Register or Sign-in to your MyCIC account.  When registering, make sure to include your Client ID, which can be found on your study permit.
2. Once you have signed in to your account, under “What would you like to do today” select “OCWP - Request an EVN”.
3. Once your eligibility has been verified, you will receive an EVN. This usually takes 2-5 business days, and will appear as a message in your MyCIC account under “My Messages”.  You will also receive an email notification.
4. You will then be able to proceed with your application.  You have the option to either apply online or send in a paper application for the Off-Campus Work Permit.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic