Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Min. and Max. time limit to immigrate after PR?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Min. and Max. time limit to immigrate after PR?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sranjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Min. and Max. time limit to immigrate after PR?
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 2:02am
Hi,

After the Federal Immigration approval and PR card receipt, I ave heard that there would be a minimum and maximum time limit between which I would have to leave my country and land in Canada, otherwise my Permanent Residence status would be canceled. How much are these time limits? Like are they between one month and one year......?

My personal question is specific to QC Skilled Workers category.

Further, I am sure Canada allows one to return to their home country for "visiting". Suppose I am unable to find job in Canada for a couple of months, then return to my home country for "visit" till the economic situation improves, is that permissible? What would be the limits, such that I keep my Permanent Residency?

SRanjan

IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:13am
Your PR visa will have an expiry date - this is the earlier of
1 - the expiry of your medical (1 year from the date it was performed) or
2 - the expiry of your passport
The date will be marked and you must land before that date or you will have to start over

To maintain your PR, you must be in Canada 730 days (2 years) out of 5

Originally posted by sranjan sranjan wrote:

Hi,

After the Federal Immigration approval and PR card receipt, I ave heard that there would be a minimum and maximum time limit between which I would have to leave my country and land in Canada, otherwise my Permanent Residence status would be canceled. How much are these time limits? Like are they between one month and one year......?

My personal question is specific to QC Skilled Workers category.

Further, I am sure Canada allows one to return to their home country for "visiting". Suppose I am unable to find job in Canada for a couple of months, then return to my home country for "visit" till the economic situation improves, is that permissible? What would be the limits, such that I keep my Permanent Residency?

SRanjan

Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic