Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work visa renewal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work visa renewal
    Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 2:18pm
My fiance (Portuguese) has been here on a work permit since August 2009. His employer has applied for another LMO and received a positive one so he can stay here for another year.

The closest port of entry to us is about a 7 hour drive. My question is does he have to drive down and cross the border back into Canada like he did last year to get the visa in his passport? Or can it be done in Edmonton since its basically a renewal?
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Kaycee Kaycee wrote:

My fiance (Portuguese) has been here on a work permit since August 2009. His employer has applied for another LMO and received a positive one so he can stay here for another year.The closest port of entry to us is about a 7 hour drive. My question is does he have to drive down and cross the border back into Canada like he did last year to get the visa in his passport? Or can it be done in Edmonton since its basically a renewal?

He can send his application to CPC-Vegreville. Oooppppss. Is it a visa he needs or a work permit?

Edited by job_seeker - 15 Jun 2010 at 10:37am
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 12:04pm
Sorry, I meant work permit to go into his passport (not visa)- he has one now that he got last summer by crossing the border and coming back. Its a 7 hour drive from here to the border though, so if he can get it some other way that would be great! If not, I guess we're going on another long road trip!

Edited by Kaycee - 15 Jun 2010 at 12:05pm
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Kaycee Kaycee wrote:

Sorry, I meant work permit to go into his passport (not visa)- he has one now that he got last summer by crossing the border and coming back. Its a 7 hour drive from here to the border though, so if he can get it some other way that would be great! If not, I guess we're going on another long road trip!

You can send the application together with a copy of the approved LMO.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1249E.PDF

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5556E.PDF

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5553E.PDF
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 11:58am
Thank you for the information, that's exactly what I was looking for!
Smile
Smile
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 2:29pm
One more question - the form asks if he has ever been married. We have been living together since February 2009 and plan on getting married in September 2010, we will apply for his permanent residency shortly after that.

I am actually his employer, we have the positive LMO for me to hire him. Should we state that we are married common-law, or just put that he is not married for now. Will they look at it strange if it says he is being hired by his common law wife?

Or will it cause problems not to declare if they see that when we do the permanent residency application? When he crossed the border last August there were no questions about his marital status!

pamhilts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamhilts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 3:43am
Go for the best consulting services they guide you and help you in a better way......you can apply your work visa ...clear out some formalities and go ahead.....its helps you a lot.......i just like this travel here......

Edited by pamhilts - 24 Jul 2010 at 3:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic