Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medical Proof

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medical Proof
    Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 1:04am
Hi - I am applying to sponsor my husband via the outland route. He is currently here on a Work Visa and had his medical done in early May 2010 for his work visa. When he had his medical, we got a receipt from the doctor as proof that it was done, and that was sent to Immigration to approve his work visa

Now I'm going through the sponsorship forms and it says we need a Copy 2 of the Medical Report IMM 1017 EFC, we were never given that!

Will his medical information be on his current file with Immigration, or will we need to get this Copy 2 from the doctor? Will he have to do the medical again to get the Copy 2??

I'm hoping this will all be on file with CIC.
sugahmonstah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugahmonstah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 10:58am
Eek...yeah the doc is supposed to give you the form and attachs a passport photo to it. Uhmm did you go to a qualified immigration doctor? There is a list of names on the cic website of doctors who are qualified to do these medicals. If you did....maybe call the doctor he seen and let him know he didn't give you the form. If you just went to a random doctor then you will need to check out the list and get a new medical done.
Outland Sent 11/30/2010
Received Miss 12/2/2010
Sponsor approved 01/17/2011
Received Buffalo 01/26/2011
Applied for VR extension 03/14/2011
extension approved until MAY 2013!!! 05/09/2011
sugahmonstah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugahmonstah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 11:00am
Oh I just re-read your post...internetting on my phone sucks. Lol
Anyway the medical for a work visa is probably completely different than the medical for sponsorship.
Outland Sent 11/30/2010
Received Miss 12/2/2010
Sponsor approved 01/17/2011
Received Buffalo 01/26/2011
Applied for VR extension 03/14/2011
extension approved until MAY 2013!!! 05/09/2011
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 2:05pm
It was an approved doctor in Edmonton. I talked to their office and they say all they ever give is a receipt for the medical, no other forms. That was what we used to get his work visa re-approved and
CIC accepted it.  I also phoned CIC this morning, they say just to put in the receipt and the date it was done, and his medical should be on their website under his file number already, so shouldn't be a problem!

Thanks for your comments :)

Edited by Kaycee - 14 Dec 2010 at 2:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic