Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help,Urgent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranjana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help,Urgent
    Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 10:25pm
I am so confused!,the way they change the rules.
My situation is this.I had a study permit before.I am in 4 yrs undergraduate degree in a Canadian University.I just have my final year of studies left.But I had my Study Permit expired,so I had to come back to my home country.I am reapplying for Study Permit again for completing my graduation.Do I apply under University or General category?,Also,Is GIC or education loan mandatory?.I am providng FDs and bank statements as fund proofs.I am applying next week.Do also need to pay any tuition fee in advance?...Please Help.Seniors?,I am showing fund proof of 40000$ in FD's

Edited by ranjana - 26 Oct 2012 at 10:27pm
pla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 1:42pm
If you apply to renew your Study Permit, and your current Permit expires before you receive an answer, you can continue to study in Canada under the same conditions until you receive a decision as long as you remain in Canada. 

You should have applied for Study Permit Renewal before your current permit expired. It appears you didn't do that and let the permit expired.

You should apply to renew your Study Permit if you intend to travel outside Canada and your Permit will expire while you are travelling. 

You cannot extend your Study Permit beyond the expiry date on your passport. 

If your Study Permit has expired, and you have not applied for an extension, you must leave Canada.  Have you already left Canada?

I am sure you have tried above link to gather information.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic