Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to get married?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 2:43pm

For the immigration, it is important that she travels a few times to visit you in Jordan

You can always get married by proxy in the US if it is complicated in Jordan, I am from Canada and my wife is from China, we had issues getting married in China, so she signed the marriage documents in China, she sent them to me, and I traveled to the US and signed them in the office there to finalize the marriage.

The marriage is not important, you can start the immigration process as a common-law, the thing is you cannot come to Canada if she never visited you in Jordan.

My wife’s immigration was successful, but was not easy at all, and it required the involvement of Member of Parliament, my Church in Canada, her Church in China, and letters from all our relatives and friends here in Canada.

mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 12:25am
yes Simpleman is right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic