Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applying for a Study Permit is stressful

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cadbury Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applying for a Study Permit is stressful
    Posted: 24 May 2010 at 10:58pm
Right, I apologize if something similar has been posted or if answers to my questions have been posted elsewhere. But I'm a bit stressed and tired at the moment, so I can't be bothered to go searching through topics. So I apologize in advance. Embarrassed

I'm applying to the University of Windsor for the Fall 2010 semester, and I'm trying to get a jump on things so I'm better prepared. As such, the study permit is one of those things. And naturally, the CIC website confuses me quite a bit.

So, one of the required documents is my bank statements from the past four months. I just switched banks about a month ago, so by the time I go to apply for my visa, I will only have two--maybe three--bank statements. Will this be a problem? Also, along the same lines, I will need a bank draft in convertible currency. I still have no idea what this is. I've contacted my bank about it and am waiting to hear back, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask you all about it.

Next, I have to prove that I can provide for myself while I am living in Canada. I will pretty much rely solely on grants, scholarships, and student loans. I will also be living co-dependently with my girlfriend, so we will both be sharing rent, etc. A friend who recently got permanent residence in Canada said that a note from my girlfriend acknowledging this, as well as a master promissory note from my lender, would be sufficient in proving that I have enough funds. Will it? It appears that the requirements for a study permit are pretty strict. However, from what I've heard, there seems to be a bit of leniency on what you provide and how you prove certain things. So it's all got me a bit confused, haha.

I apologize for the lengthy post. Hopefully someone will be able to help me out. :)

Many thanks in advance!
kwabena kwabena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwabena kwabena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 1:39pm
why dont u let your girlfriend sponsor u and with that u will only pay home fees, think about it  but this is just my view....

good luck
The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic