Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you remember when you worked?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you remember when you worked?
    Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 6:46pm
Like my only job was a couple of years ago and only for a few weeks.
I honestly cannot remember the month it was. I know the year and employer (place I worked) but all I can remember is it was somewhere in between July-October.

I am not even sure where my W-2 form is at and even if I kind of knew, my mom would never be able to find it and send it to me.

Is there any way to find out this kind of information when you lost your W-2 and can't remember when you worked? I just don't want to give them false information from guessing or give them a reason to delay the application when running their background checks.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
YorkFactory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YorkFactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:07pm
How did you get paid? If you got paid by check or direct deposit, or got paid in cash and had a habit of depositing your pay as soon as you received it, you may be able to get your bank or credit union to retrieve copies of old statements for you. One credit union I'm a member of charges $5 per statement copy, so you're looking at $20 if you need all four months.

I don't think your W-2 would even say what months you worked; it just reports earnings for the whole tax year.
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:13pm
I was given a debit card by that specific company that they gave you a direct deposit into. However, I do not have that card with me. 
INLAND!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 10:00pm
Panda, why dont you just call them and ask?
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by redeagle redeagle wrote:

Panda, why dont you just call them and ask?

Would I just call the actual store I worked for or like the big company?

Like I worked for a store called Fashion Bug but Fashion Bug is owned by a bigger corporation called Charm Shoppes Inc.

So which one of those should I call and would they even remember me?
INLAND!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:48pm
Just call the store and ask the manager, explain it, if you then need to call the parent company, they would tell you I would have thought.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic