Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

work permit gap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gskahlon79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: work permit gap
    Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 12:12am
Hi,
    I have a very peculier question to ask. I came to Canada in aug 2002. I did 1 year post graduate certificate course from Humber college. Then I got a post graduate work permit for 1 year i.e from Dec 2003 to Dec 2004. But I never actually worked. I just worked on cash. Then I came back on study permit again. I got study permit till Feb 2008. After that study permit expired I got one more till Mar 31 2010. Then i applied again and got another study permit extension till 31 March 2013. I have been studying in a private college all these years. Then in Dec of 2009 I got a positive labour market opinion and applied for work permit based on that and got 1 year work permit. Now my question was that when I file my PR application what should I do about my 1 year post graduate work permit gap. Would I had been legal to stay in Canada without having to actually work (from dec 2003 to dec 2004) since I never worked, I just worked on cash.

Thanks,
Bye

edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 1:11am
A question??
Based on what you got your post graduate work permit? did an employer offer you a job?
You should be aware that working without being listed on a payroll is prohabited..
When you "came bcak" on study permit again, what you mean by "came back"? did you leave Canada in btw?
If i am not mistaken you have been in Canada for 8 years under "study permit" right?!!
and you mentioned that all are "post gradutae" studies.
I wolud like to say that working on "cash" is a serious issue, and yes you will be questioned for that when you apply for PR.

Edited by edmotonresident - 06 Feb 2010 at 1:12am
"Canada, where good people live"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic